Friday, August 28, 2009

Oh, I'm supposed to eat too?

The feeling is still all just sort of surreal. Not really any pain, just a relative constant state of fogginess. Low level electric current running through, buzzing along, not really taking any prisoners, just wrapping around every part of my body.

My energy level has been quite low, and if I could sleep all day, I probably would. Which is quite silly for the first week of treatment. Truthfully, I think it stems much more from my lack of eating than any effect of the treatment. Maybe some side-effect from the anti-Nausea meds, but really, I just need to eat more. Funny, if you saw me in a speedo, you would know eating has never been hard for me. Ok, ok, sorry for the image....

Thanks again to everyone who continue to impress upon me just how blessed I am to have such a strong and loving support network. The texts, emails, blog responses, calls..... i appreciate every one of them. I just wish I could respond personally to each one, but I trust you understand if I cannot. I am touched in ways you likely will never know though by your gestures. Truly just one of the endless blessings I enjoy.

Good news... I still have my hair. Not sure I am a mullet kind of guy Pat and Mac, but thanks for thinking about me. :)

I am about off for Radiation treatment #4, then only 30 more to go. Heck, that's almost into the twenties.... this will be done in no time.

8 comments:

  1. Kevin - YOU ARE SO LUCKY YOU POSTED TODAY! I had almost sent out the search party...two days w/ no response from you was more than I could handle!! I KNOW I AM A MOTHER HEN, BUT I BELIVE I INHERITED THE ROLE FROM MOM ELIZABETH! =)

    Yes, EAT! Your body needs nourishment! The last thing you'll feel like doing is eating, but your body needs the nutrients! Force yourself to eat, or use the tube at least (even IF you don't want to!)

    We are sending major love and prayers your way!!

    Oh, the visual of the mullet was enough -- you could've stopped there! I won't be surprised if you lose all your readers now from the speedo comment =)

    Mackenzie is truly Pat's daughter, heh??

    Love to read all the comments of support for you!
    KEEP THE POSITIVE ATTITUDE, THAT'S HUGE!
    Lizzy K, aka "Mama K"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kev.......

    We are praying for you.

    I found a great wig:

    http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2008/02/0227_carrico_getty_ex.jpg

    I will call you again tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kevin! Fr. Mark here from St. Christopher's in San Jose. I called you earlier to see if i can come by and visit you. Your brother Deacon pat is a deacon in Redding and his pastor, Fr. Jonathan Molina, happened to be a good friend of mine. So he called to go and reach out to you spiritually and in whatever way I can as you go through this process. anyway, please be assured of my prayers for you. Here's my cell number: (650)305-0047 but I will call you again tomorrow... God be with you.... blessings... Fr. mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kevin, your in our prayers again today. I think I will hang on to that speedo image for a while!Philippians 4:13 "I can do everything through him who gives me strength"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Father Mark. I just spoke to Kevin, he is doing ok, just really tired from the treatment and the medication. I am sure he will love to connect with you.

    Deacon Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. FOOD??!! You're supposed to eat?? Jeez! That's just crazy talk! Got your medical mj card yet? :-p I hear it gives you the munchies... don't remember where I heard that.

    Praying for God's will, peace, healing, strength, and courage for you. And may He give you an appetite for food and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally found you. Hope you get lots of rest this weekend. Nanc and I send prayers of love and strength for you. Keep up your sense of humor and positive attitude, old friend. This rough patch will be over before Michael Crabtree agrees to a contract with the 49ers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where is the next post? We are waiting to hear from you..... Off to Mass - you are in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete