Wednesday, December 2, 2009

gettin thru it.......

Been a little quiet lately. Recovery is progressing, although a bit slower than I would like, at least it continues in the right direction. Finding a few more foods here and there that I can eat. Definitely a big improvement from not all that long ago.

December 14 is back to work day. Seems like such a long time ago, and at the same time, not all that long ago that I stopped working to take on this challenge. Quite the journey, and although it has been one that given the choice I would have skipped, it has really turned out to be a blessing in many ways. I discovered I had friends that I didn't know I had, and friends that were much better friends than I considered before this ordeal. A loving, supportive family that really stepped up when needed, such a cherished discovery.

And believe it or not, I think I have grown to actually like Ensure! It remains a part of my daily intake, but more by choice than necessity now. Go figure.....

As might be expected, throughout this journey I have met, or been told about, many going through similar challenges. So often I hear about someone having a treatment time frame so much longer than mine. While mine was very intense while it lasted, probably the most aggressive treatment protocol offered, it did only last a few months. Not uncommon for others are time frames many months long, and at times over a year. I can't imagine going thru that for so long. I am blessed once again.

Christmas is coming. Such a happy, joyful time for most of us, as it should be. Especially this year though, with the economic climate what it is, this will be a challenging time for many as well. If you ever thought about cleaning out your closets or storage areas and getting rid of items that you just never use, now would be a good time. That extra coat could sure be a lifesaver to someone. There are so many options to help distribute those extra items...Salvation Army, Goodwill, local Churches..... we just need to take the first step. I am great at finding ways to procrastinate...I know I need to act, and really want to... but before I know it, the time has past. If I'm going to help others this Christmas, now is the time to get moving. Maybe you have some excess that could help others too? :)

Have a great week! Thanks again for all your support. I pray this Christmas season is special to all of you...and let's help make it the best ever to someone less fortunate.

God bless you.

8 comments:

  1. Hey Kev, I'm glad that you are getting to eat different types of foods. I talked with a friend of mine the other day and he told me that he has a shake each morning that includes berries and a can of ensure. He said that he had a checkup recently and all his blood work came back normal. He swears by those shakes and he is a active bike rider at age 60. Anyway keep up the good recovery and I hope I can see you around XMAS time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see you at CHRISTmas this year. I bet in many ways getting back to work will be nice..... There is something about a man and his work that helps us feel productive and needed.

    I bet you are still sorting things out in your mind about this journey that has overtaken your life.

    The discernment will take quite a while and re-evaluation will take on another meaning when certain events and situations re-present themselves......

    God has chosen you to endure this trial and to grow..... now only you can deciede how was He forming you and for what?

    We love you Kev!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kevin,

    Just stopping by to say, "Hello."

    Good to hear of your progress. Christmas is such a great time for reflection. I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas.

    Our Deacon class will be going through the Rite of Candidacy today. A new path on our journey toward (God willing) ordination. Can you keep us in your prayers? We all would appreciate that.

    Thanks for the sharing of something so challenging in your life. I can only imagine the lives you've touched.

    Peace and Blessings,
    Al

    ReplyDelete
  5. May our Lord continue to have His mighty hand on you and your continued healing! Shaver

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kevin, So glad your gearing up to go back to work! Thanks for the reminder about giving to those less fortunate! It is truly so much better to GIVE than to receive. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers will go with you on Monday as you "transition" back to work. Keep blogging...although, I guess that the "slow down" is a good sign that you are busy with other things! God bless you...
    Debbie R.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you are back to work tomorrow..... We will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete