Thursday, September 23, 2010

Bring it on......if you must........just bring it!

There are probably several words, or phrases, that when heard or read, give one a slight chill.

"pull over" broadcasted on a police car loudspeaker following right behind you.....

"you are being audited" is another I would prefer never to read....again.........

I could think of more, but this is a family blog site.... :)

My monthly check up was today, and I have another one to add to the list...... "I feel a lump"...... calmly stated by my doctor as he felt my neck. I have always wondered if I would hear those words, and if I did, how I would react. Now I know. Amazing how quickly life can be put into perspective.

I truly believe that God places challenges in our path to give us the opportunity to show just how much we trust Him. Anyone can profess to have Faith when the going is smooth and easy. But when the road gets a little bumpy, how "unshakable" is one's faith then? I am thankful for the chance to show mine.

This may very likely prove to be nothing. We are scheduling a petscan to figure out what it is, but I am counting on it being nothing serious. And definitely not round 2 with the demon. A positive attitude may not be the cure all, but it sure is better than the alternative.

And prayers help too, so any extra you might have just looking for a target would be appreciated.

Can't wait to share with you that this was just a false alarm.....and in the meantime....I believe, I believe, I believe, I believe.....and my fingers are crossed too... :)

Now go be nice to someone today. :)

5 comments:

  1. As always, cousin, prayers from Michigan! (oxox-Kelli)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers are being said as this is written. I'll be thinking of you and praying for the best...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kev, I will be praying and standing by with you all the way, you continue to inspire all of us no matter what life throws at you. You are the MAN!!!!! Love you bro

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Kev,
    Catherine and I are praying for your complete health. That each cell is healthy and you continue to grow in strengh. Much love from your Austin TX family!
    Paul

    ReplyDelete