Thursday, November 5, 2009

Mind getting ahead of the body.....

Getting better by the day. Just not as fast as I would like....or as fast as my mind thinks I am most of the time. I wouldn't say I have cravings for any particular food (ok, except Elephant & Castle wings in Dublin....), just a growing desire to eat normal food. I am very lucky so far....the chocolate Ensure tastes mostly like chocolate. And the Vanilla tastes like Vanilla (unfortunately??). Still get the metallic taste periodically, but nowhere near as often as before. Not sure why, but I just haven't had the confidence to progress past chicken noodle soup yet. Maybe soon.

In my mind, I am recovering pretty quickly. But then, out of somewhere I don't want to become too familiar with, I will get hit with nausea again. Or some ache or queasy feeling that seems distantly familiar. I know its just part of still being on the road to recovery as opposed to the end, and its still quite early according to the doctor's timeline, but have you ever noticed how many food commercials there are on TV?! One of those realizations that doesn't really hit until you can't eat. :)

Get my dog back this weekend. He will be 14 months old on Wednesday. Should make recovery take on a entirely new twist......

Life is wonderful....be thankful for all we have....now go out and be kind to someone. ;)

3 comments:

  1. You're not craving my wonderful cooking???? :-) Soooooooooo glad to hear that you're doing better...yippee!!!!!!!!! Love you tons and we're always thinking of you. I know we haven't seen each other in a long time but if you need anything, we're here. Nausea...yuk!...do you think you're pregnant....hehe! You're right, life is wonderful and I am thankful for everything I have and to add to that....not taking things for granted. :-) Hmmmmmm, I'll be kind today and always!!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    Ok, my turn, you're still on the phone with my mom. :-)

    lots of get well wishes!!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kevin,

    Normally I send you private e-mails so no one can read my ramblings. But I just want everyone to know what a true inspiration I think you are!! Your attitude, zest for life and the way you are battling this is truly amazing. Who would of thought the kid I knew from college would turn out to be such a terrific person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I just came across your blog..... I didn't know so many people are still into astrological signs (i.e cancer) I am a virgo.... Have you had your palm read....

    ReplyDelete