Saturday, October 10, 2009

Familiar place...but with a twist...

Seems pretty consistent these days 3-6 post chemo. Definitely the darkest. First couple of days were like the typical feeling out, give and take positioning between two opponents who respected each other, but were both intent on getting down to it. There will only be one winner, and since this is the final bout, its for the title. There will be no rematch.

I think punk chemo used his cohort rads to help with a little sneaky tug to get my one not so well planted foot which was on solid ground...to slip over and now both are squishing around in the muck of nausea lake. And I'm sure doing my fair share of chumming......But what they both have overlooked is that I only have two more days of treatment and then my entire focus is getting better. Recovery.

Will resurface soon. Got to keep my head in this fight, rounds aren't over quite yet. But, no worries, WE will prevail.

We will stand tall and know we fought an honorable fight. You and me. Thank you so much, I couldn't have done it without your love and support.

Ok, come on punk chemo, let's go.........

10 comments:

  1. Good Job Champ,

    My money is on you. Thanks for letting us share in this battle. Recovery here we come

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kevin,

    Show punk chemo who is the stronger one...my thoughts and prayers are always with you. Hope to see you soon.

    Love,
    jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kev, I hope this passes quickly for you. I can't wait for you to get on the other side of this. You are doing great!!!! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kev- Vin here. Keep it up and kick it. I have you on my mind and prayers. You will be fine. I know this sucks but beating it will make it all worth the meds. Take care v

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey KK

    I am supporting a very attractive green band with your name on it! Thank you so much for sending it through. We are all thinking of you over in rainy London and constantly sending over our best wishes. It's a big week for you! I hope that your recovery is speedy, looking forward to your return! Millie x (DTZ)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got my wrist band on too! Just too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey bud... stay strong, stay focused...you know what you got to do! Then recover... almost there.... We are with you every step of the way... Olivier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep up the good fight ... You are oh so close to the road to recovery !!! Thank you for letting us join you on this journey and please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. Jake, Sabrina and John

    ReplyDelete
  9. Homestretch! Our prayers and thoughts are with you as Catherine and I proudly display our green bands out here in Austin! Love you!
    Paul and Catherine Shaver

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kevin, Sorry I haven't been able to help out on driving :( I have been working alot lately. I want you to know I have been thinking of you and praying for you every day. Thanks for the bracelets! Hugs Joy

    ReplyDelete