Sunday, October 18, 2009

one more day at a time, but a better one....

Looks like the corners being turned in this recovery phase are a little more rounded, a little smoother than those razor sharp edges in the treatment phase. I know its only been a couple days removed from those darkest of days endured this past week, but I have to think, have to hope that these are the start of the much anticipated road back to good health.

There is still quite a ways to go, yes I know....like being able to actually swallow anything..... being able to stop with the meds, especially vicoden.... have a "meal" that doesn't go through a tube..... sleep more than an hour without gagging myself awake..... and a number of other milestones. BUT it sure is nice to have nausea a distant, infrequent visitor as opposed to being my shadow. And even though my energy level lasts in durations measured in minutes, that's better than none at all. I now can actually feel what getting better might be like because I think I have started on that specific path finally. ahhhhhhhh.........

I guess I should let this upcoming week unwrap itself before I think I might be ahead of the doc's predicted 2 week time frame for starting to feel better, but after almost 2 months, sorry if I'm a bit anxious. Ok, let me slow down a bit and just let y'all know more this week. :):)

Have a great week everyone. Be kind to someone. As always and for always....thanks so very much for all your prayers and support. My life is forever changed because of both.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you are starting to feel better. You sure deserve it. Thanks for continuing to share your story, it does make a person stop taking so many things for granted. I have people asking about you everyday and telling me that you are still in their prayers. Speedy recovery to you bro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kev ~ I am so happy that you are feeling better! Day by day you will get stronger and stronger while the radiation and chemo effects lessen and lessen. Looking forward to the day that we share a nice sushi meal together!

    Keep blogging that's a great way to keep everyone up on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MY Bro.thanks to God that you are getting better day after day.God will not forsake his people.looking forward to when you will write to me a big NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I AND MY FAMILY ARE PRAYING FOR YOU HERE IN KENYA.
    SPEEDY RECOVERY TO BRO KEVEN.

    ReplyDelete