Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Feeling the strength

I'm 29 again!

Well, only for today. Then 28 tomorrow. Ok, before you think this crazy silent nemesis has crept into my brain, I'm talking about radiation treatments left to go. As of today, I only have 29 more to go.

Doesn't seem like such a big number. And the treatments really only last about 30 minutes.....and while virtually no palpable feeling associated with them at all, I sure don't like them. Maybe its the plastic, all too form-fitted mesh mask that snaps down forcefully, barely allowing even my thoughts to stretch, but whatever, i can't wait until the day when I say goodbye to that spaghetti strainer.

Cooling got fixed!! I think Mother nature celebrated the achievement by sending lower temperatures too. She has such a strange sense of humor.

The last two days have been better for me. Best yet actually. Still more tired than I would have thought, but a marked improvement over the first week. I think starting to focus on getting my caloric intake up each day has helped for sure. More so though, I really believe its the combined effort of so many of you praying and thinking good thoughts for my success in beating this challenge. I have always believed in prayer, at least I thought I did. Always easier to believe in something when actually getting it or not might be indiscernible. Like faith, always easier to profess having it when there really wasn't anything to test it. Guess we will see now over the next couple of months...... but i do believe, and I am forever grateful for all of you who do as well and keep me in your prayers. I know its helping. I know the real tests have yet to come, and certainly are already lickin their chops to have a go at this one...... but we will still be standing when this is done.

Thank you all so very much...... ok, better get ready for my date with 29.......

4 comments:

  1. Kevin, may the LORD continue to give you the strength you need to walk with him through this trial. When I need his word for encouragement I always find it in Psalms, and when I looked today to lift you up, I came across this verse.

    Psalm 18:1-3,28,35
    I will love You, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies.

    For You will light my lamp; The LORD my God will enlighten my darkness.You have also given me the shield of Your salvation; Your right hand has held me up, Your gentleness has made me great.


    Kevin my friend you are in my thoughts and prayers.

    Love,

    Alicia Domingos

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always did look young! Keep on fighting, my brother. And keep on eating. My prayers are with you. Love and cool rest to you,

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. uhm, waiting for a new post! Now that we're home, we need to *hear* you by the blog!
    Great spending time with you & thanks for allowing us to force you to let us help by organizing a calendar for you! BECAUSE YOUR FOCUS IS RESTING, EATING, PRAYING. THAT'S IT.
    THOSE WILL ALLOW YOUR BODY TO FIGHT THIS FIGHT AND WIN, WHICH I AM CONFIDENT YOU WILL DO!!
    All our love & prayers to you, our dear brother,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cancer? I thought you were a virgo!

    ReplyDelete