Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Ensure Fast?!....Better than shaving your heads......

Ensure fast....very cool. And a much better idea for those who really want to walk along in spirit than to share in my hair loss. Although the comedic value of a number of shiny noggins could bring smiles for a long time, honestly, I would feel much better just sharing stories with those who get to experience the wholesome, culinary delicacy in a bottle. Wonder how many will be vanilla..... :)

I was very excited going to treatment today. After today the countdown number was supposed to be 8 more treatments. Oh, and yes, one more battle royal, ultimate fighting, death cage match with punk chemo..... so much for my negotiating skills. Truth be told, I didn't fight too hard, as much as I hate the thought of another round, it is increasing my odds for a successful outcome, so what's a few more days in Helk. Anyway, after being strapped in the radiation machine for what seemed like an hour (really probably 25 minutes), I was told to go home, that the machine was down and wouldn't be back up until tomorrow. Which means adding another day. Only one day, yes I know.....but I was so focused on hitting that finish line on October 12. Looks like lucky #13 it will be. And since recovery will take a while, one day will get lost in the overall mix soon enough anyway......but the days have been getting more challenging, so the last one still can't come soon enough.

Thanks again for all your support. And thanks to those who try an ensure or two, nice gesture. Hopefully not too far off and we cans witch it to Guinness. For those less adventurous but who might want to take part in a much more fashion forward expression, I think I have some wristbands coming. They say kevin beats cancer and are probably green and black. If anyone has any interest, just let me know and I can send your collectors item. :)

OK, time for my friends vicoden and anti-nausea meds...... better than counting sheep. Speaking of counting though, count your blessings.....start early though, the list is long I'm sure. Have a great day.

10 comments:

  1. Kev, I choose to shave my head, oh already did that!!! I would love one of the collecter wristbands to show the strength of my brother. Hope the remaining days of treatment go fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kev ~ I told you Debbie is my top prayer warrior! Leave it to her to have scripture speak to her about the power of fasting & turn it into an ENSURE FAST. Somehow I keep having flashbacks to Mom Elizabeth's face as she would chug an Ensure -- especially if it were a flavor not of her choosing that particular day. YUK.

    Terry -- you are a prime example to what I've been telling Kevin -- BALD IS IN!!!

    As for wristbands, I think that's a great idea! We'd love sporting our wristbands in celebration of you beating cancer!

    The guinness sounds absolutely yummy -- even better than the Ensures! ;) We'll definitely celebrate with a Guinness or two when you are up and running again soon!

    We love you, know we are with you not only in prayer, but in fasting/ensure fasting as well (thank you Deb, you always amaze & inspire me!)

    Love your pesty sis,
    over-protective self-appointed, Mama Kearns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before the vicoden and antinausea meds, tell how to get these wristbands please.
    Hopefully they come in different sizes, or have to put around ankle or someone's neck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a wristband........ How cool! Green and Black (I was going to say something funny, but I better pass....)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely want a wristband Kev...That would be awesome. I am ready for the Guiness too. Okay I'll pass on shaving the head...Ensure here I come..Yummy. I am definitely not going with the Dark Chocolate(Rich and Creamy). I remember you pouring that down.. Doesn't look tasty.
    Good Job

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay spelled Guinness wrong. Maybe I don't deserve one

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oops...typo...
    meant to say that I already shaved the dogs
    in solidarity...uh oh....

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I join the Ensure solidarity fast, can I mix mine with Guiness? Or is that cheating? And if you find the time to send me two wristbands for me and my gal I'd be appreciative. You continue to amaze me with your insights. I count my blessings over and over, and chief among them right now is the blessing of your friendship. I think I forgot how much I missed your positive outlook on just about everything and your can-do attitude. You're motivating me to connect to many people I have let drift from my life. Thanks, again, and again, and again for being such a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now you tell me!! I already shaved my head, the kids and Lisa's (while she was asleep) and Boy is she PISSED!! You should see her wig!! ha ha
    o.K. if you don't want us to shave (our head that is)then we will just go with the Braclets!!

    -mike

    ReplyDelete