Tuesday, September 15, 2009

you might be saving my life, but i dont care much for you right now.....

You again.

Fortunately, seems like quite a while since we last met. I knew you would be back though. And while you surprised me with your sneak attack last time, you're gonna have to work harder this time pal.....

Hanging there in your little plastic bag, dripping ever so inconspicuously, acting so innocent, like you mean no harm..... but i know the power of your punch. Maybe I underestimated you last time, but I am ready for you this time sucker...... punk.....

This day has been on my calendar for weeks. I will admit I wasn't looking forward to this rematch. You did have me psyched out a bit, especially this morning. Getting up early, sitting in my bathroom letting the shower water heat up, I did have a moment when you might have thought I was trembling a bit. I was just cold.... yeah, honest, that was it.......

I can't imagine how Jesus felt the hours before Judas betrayed him. Just thinking about what He went through those final hours actually gave me strength this morning. He could have walked away, but chose not to. Maybe I don't have that same choice, but I do have Him on my side...... and what I was going to face would so pale in comparison...... you are definitely not nearly the adversary.....

I have friends who are standing by me. Who do you have? Your buddy radiation? Ok, he packs a pretty good wallop too, but I will take my friends. They will be with me long after you both are well down memory lane..... and harbor no fantasies that you will end up anywhere else.... or that you will ever get a reunion invite.... you will be history buddy.... I appreciate that you and Rads are saving my life, but once you do, I really don't want to have anything to do with either of you ever again.... got it?

Ok chemo, ready to go? Let's do this. Time to get down in that dark place where we will battle for the next few days. I'm not afraid of the dark... or you....well, maybe a little, but I'm ready for you..... really, I am...... punk.

18 comments:

  1. Kevin your allegory to Jesus at the cross is absolutely beautiful and what a vivid picture you've left in our minds. Thank you for that. Thank you for this blog and for YOUR support of US! What a gift you give to all of those who read your notes! Here's some armor for today soak in every word of this PROMISE form God Almighty:
    Isaiah 40:18-31
    Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
    May God continue to bless you, Kevin. You have more prayers than you'll ever know going up to the throne room of Heaven every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my money is on you Kev, I don't think they have a chance at defeating you........way to put up the good fight. Who can beat you with GOD on your side. Love you bro.Ter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kevin sweet boy... I'm thinking of you everyday....I say a prayer at night to give you the strength you will need to complete one more day. (:Hugs:) Debbe Nelson

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear brother,

    "All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the LORD saves; for the battle is the LORD's, and he will give all of you into our hands." As the Philistine moved closer to attack him, David ran quickly toward the battle line to meet him." 1 Samuel 17:47-48
    ************************************
    Lines have been drawn in the sand. Courage is at hand. The battle field has formed and the infantry is on the march. We, my dear brother, are fighting for precious ground. It's hand to hand combat. Your family and friends are with you as this second wave approaches. Together, we battle and beat back the enemy with each passing day. We are not alone. Our good Lord stands in front and behind. Fierce moments. Exhausting surges beaten back. The tide is turning against our enemy. The giant Goliath is outmatched and will crumble.
    As King David taught us:
    "for the battle is the LORD's, and he will give all of you into our hands."
    Yes, we will fight and we will win.
    God is with us.
    Your brother - Shave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kevin,
    Your faith, strength, and tenacity are a true inspiration. I have no doubt you will beat this handily with your family, friends, and most of all, God by your side. My thoughts and prayers are with you always.

    Rita Andrews

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen...to those profound and inspiring words of(wisdom)yours!!! You are constatly in my prayers, especially during Mass. Fighting this fight with you through prayer and in spirit!!!God bless!!! Fr. Vince

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hang Tough Kevin, the other KK is pulling for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is no greater armor for you in this battle than your resolute faith that you will prevail. This battle will pass, and you will be stronger for having endured the challenge. Your courage in charging forward into the pain and discomfort (and I know those words don't adequately describe your ordeal)is no different from the firefighter charging into a burning building or a cop facing down an armed suspect. Right now, buddy, this your job. I know your work ethic. You'll get it done. And when you do, I know you'll enjoy the weekend with a vast new sense of accomplishment and a deep and deserved appreciation of the blessings of this life. All my prayers are for you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. go get 'em Kevin. we've go your back

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kev, you and Dad have always been my heros. Just like in Dad's eyes, I see the eyes of Jesus in yours. Love you bro, Tim

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely. We love you so much.
    So very very much.
    Hang in there; hang in tough.
    You can do it.
    Without a doubt, if I know anyone can get through this, you are the one I would put all my money on. You'll get through all of this with flying colors.
    God's Grace and Love Be With You every day.
    Embracing you completely in mind body and soul,
    Fur Kids & Mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I imagine the weather outlook where you are now is pretty crappy. Save your strength. Hunker down and it will eventually blow past you. There are fair skies ahead, and lots of sunny days for you to enjoy. I think of you and your ordeal often, and pray for diminishing storms to ease your days. God bless you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hang in there Kevin, THIS TO SHALL PASS! Lots of Love Joy, Taylore and Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  14. My favorite quote from Churchill: "If you are going through hell, keep going."

    Don't let anything slow you down or deter you from your goal: go kick cancer's ass.

    We are all behind you my friend...
    Olivier.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well Kevin, Bocce Ball won't be the same without you and your trademarked Bocce Ball throw! :)You are in my everyday thoughts and prayers...You have a great army behind you my friend, so keep up the good fight!
    Love,
    jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kevin you are in my prayers every day and i know with all my heart that you are going to get through this. I wish you my best. Beat that punk.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Uncle Kevin,
    I've been praying for you every day and I know you can beat it. Just don't give in! From what I hear you have a good attitude and I know you will get through it.
    Love, Matthew Kearns

    ReplyDelete